Friday, February 7, 2014

2/7 Blog Post #3

"And now they're both smiling and crying, and I've never seen them look so proud of me." (p.83)
This sentence shows how proud the main characters parents are of him, and how happy they really are. Also because his parents didn't think he was going to make it after his first few days, it shows how proud of him they are because of how good he's been doing.

"Moms birthday is tomorrow, April 8, and Dad and I are going to have a surprise birthday party for her." (P.88)
I picked this sentence because it shows the main characters love for his mother. Even though hes in the hospital in burn care he still wants to make his mothers birthday the best possible. It shows that he is sweet, loving, and how he truly cares about his mother.

"She said I should be grateful that I didn't remember such terrible things, but I don't want to forget anything. I don't care if they are terrible memories. They're mine." (P. 100)
This sentence shows that the main character doesn't care if memories are good or bad that it happened once and he doesn't want to forget about it. This is quiet strange because most people would not want to remember having your skin burned off, because of the pain it would cause.

1 comment: